Before we took action to stay at home and practise social distancing, it seemed like there weren’t enough hours in the day to get things done. Now that we are home it may feel overwhelming to begin and accomplish all of our past due chores. Here we will offer some tips to get you started and encourage you to take advantage of your time spent at home, as well as our online services now available to you.
Now is the best time to clean up/organize the house while social distancing. Use the following to get started and make time for breaks and relaxation:
- Start off with the simple tasks. When you wake up, don’t hesitate getting your day started. Something as simple as brushing your teeth, taking a shower, or making the bed can really help you wake up and enable you to start your day.
- Clean the small messes before they become big messes. It’s easy to brush off things like dusting because it will just be back by the next day. But if you take a couple of minutes to dust off, you can avoid the larger scale cleanup over the weekend.
- Include the kids in daily household chores. This works best with a prize to be won at the end. Have the winner choose what movie they will watch that evening, or give them the opportunity to plan a fun day in the upcoming weekend.
- Take breaks. If you expect the day to be full of cleaning, moving things around, etc. then make sure you take at least 10 minutes every two hours. Use this time to hydrate, meditate and recharge. Be sure to take 3 meal breaks alongside this rule.
- You can help to clear your mind by taking a nice walk around the neighbourhood. Please remember that leaving the house should be limited. If you see others, keep at least 6 feet apart and offer waves instead of hugs.
With the recent closures of most businesses, we understand that it is stressful to have to postpone your plans. Surely with the time spent inside your home, you may have noticed that some areas could use a good upgrade. With our online portal, you can continue to plan your renovation from the comfort of your own home.
Neo Kitchen provides online services for consultations, aids in measurements needed to receive a quote, and can finalize your design plans even before setting up an in person meeting (for a future date).
If you are interested in improving your home, here are some tips for planning your upgrades:
- Narrow down where you need the most organization. Life revolves around the kitchen, it may be best to start here. When you have a place for everything there is ease of movement and less tension around preparing a meal.
- Once you’ve found the place you need to upgrade with new storage or cabinetry, find us online at www.neokitchen.ca and email us at [email protected] with your renovation plans. We can schedule an online consultation and provide an estimate based on your measurements.
- Although our office is closed, we will still be able to show you materials within the online consultation to give you a better understanding of your options.
- Don’t wait any longer, take advantage of the time you are spending at home and plan out a full renovation, and save the normal waiting period.
Keep in the loop! Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @neokitcheninc for more information and updates.
We are all in this together and must cooperate to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We are wishing you all health, safety and happiness during this difficult time.